Support SDCGN’s Efforts to Grow Community Gardens In San Diego
- April Farm Bill Series March 28, 2013
- More on our new Tumblr.. March 12, 2013
- Check out our New Tumblr and then share your two cents or even better your precious jewel ! March 4, 2013
- Join El Cajon as it celebrates the gardens! February 14, 2013
- Free workshops for school personnel and community partners coming up in SD! February 14, 2013
Around 100 visitors stopped by the Carlsbad CG’s Seed Swap event! Keith Blackburn of the Carlsbad City Council attended the event, and some scouts from Carlsbad Girl Scout Troop 1157 held a scavenger hunt & ladybug release which was great for the kids. Way to go Carlsbad!
The SDSU Garden Gnomes’ lettuce and rhubarb chard are looking lovely this morning!
Happy Thursday, Gardeners!
Here’s the latest from Pastor Jorge at the Gracia y Paz community garden:
“On Monday May 13 at 7 PM we will have a planning meeting for the Community Garden. If you know a friend or a family member that is interested in being part of the project and would like to participate bring Him or Her along. Here is an abbreviated version of the tentative AGENDA:
1. Introduction, the project, the participants
2. Set a core team, plan some activities for the core team, garden rules …
3. Plans for activities ahead: Irrigation, Tilling, Plots, youth group activities during summer
4. Set a calendar and possible date for grand opening.
If you can’t come but are still interested in being part of it, please reply to this email or call Pastor Jorge at his cell. 619.454.2182. Please note, this meeting is in addition to the activity on Saturday May 11 at 10 AM, on which we will have a composting class.
Hola, espero que se encuentre muy bien!
EL proximo Lunes 13 de Mayo a las 7 PM tendremos una reunion de planeacion para erl jardin comunitario. Por supuesto que esta invitado(a) y espero que pueda participar. Si conoce a un amigo o un familiar que le interese ser parte del proyecto, invitelo, animelo a que venga con usted. Aqui le doy una idea de la agenda para ese dia.
1. Introdoccioin, el proyecto, los participantes
2. Establecer un equipo de trabajo, planear actividades para este equipo, reglas para el jardin
3. Planear las actividades futuras. El sistema de riego, preparar la tierra, los espacios para plantar, actividades con grupos de jovenes, etc.
4. Desarrollar un calendario y establecer una fecha para una posible gran inaguracion.
Si no puedes asistir, pero aun le interesa participar, responda a este correo o llame al Pastor Jorge al 619.454.2182. Por favor, considere que esta actividad del lunes es adicional a la actividad planeada para este sabado de como preparar abono este Sabado 11 a las 10 AM.”
-Pastor Jorge at Gracia y Paz
Save the Date and RSVP if you want to help launch a new community garden in the College Area!
SDCGN will be there!
Despite the gardener’s best intentions, Nature will improvise.Unknown
The Food Security and Community Health program works with refugee and low-income residents to become farmers that grow fresh, sustainably-grown produce at local farms and community gardens. These farmers have participated in IRC farm training programs and are in need of their own land to develop farm businesses. The IRC Land Bank is working to connect these farmers with land in nearby communities. Whether you have a vacant urban lot, you know someone with land, or you just want to help to get the word out, the IRC would love to hear from you! For more information please contact the Land Bank Coordinator, Niki Mazaroli: Niki.Mazaroli@Rescue.org or +1 619 641 7510 ext. 302.